Skip to main content

Character and fitness review

Just hoping for some input. My brother passed his North Carolina real estate license exam last week. Today he got an email saying his application was under character and fitness review. He has no criminal history at all. The traffic tickets he got have been paid and handled and one car accident was also covered w insurance. No points on his license. He has some credit card debt he hasn’t paid and I’m seeing he failed to file his 2017 taxes. Could this be what he’s being reviewed for? Is there a way to find out what exactly the issue is that is under investigation so to speak? He’s SO upset as this has been a long time coming to get his license and he worked really hard to make it happen. He did the required background checks asked for application and all showed he was clear. What could it be if he’s not a felon, never been convicted of anything and only issues might be some financial debt? Any insight? He’s afraid he won’t get approved. I told him I think that’s unlikely and that there are probably some serious offenders out there who are much worse off than him. Any help on the matter. What should he do and how can I ease his anxiety about this being something he’ll get past and be able to start working in real estate. He’s a mess right now and so confused. Has no idea what the issue is. Help?

submitted by /u/BrunetteBardot
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/zrfjps/character_and_fitness_review/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...