Skip to main content

House won’t sell… worried about renting

Bought a 0 HOA 2bd 2bt no parking townhome in Seattle for 600k cash two years ago. Starting hating Seattle after almost 10 years and left recently. Am fully employed in new location but now pay rent.

Well, the house has been on the market over two months, listed at 670 and now reduced to 640. My lease ends here in a month and I’m going to either have to go back (really don’t want to - I like it here and my job) or rent it out because I figure that’s better than a 60-70k loss on the home.

Never been a landlord before and am looking at property managers. It terrifies me and have seen some people say repairs were so bad they made no money on rent. My expenses will be 1700 (~1900 after fees and utilities) of rent and incoming money will be 2600 @ job per month + potentially 3000 in rent (2600 after management fees).

Stupid idea?? Go back to the house? I’m really stressed out by the whole situation.

submitted by /u/veriohukainen
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/wtsaob/house_wont_sell_worried_about_renting/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...