Skip to main content

long overdue opendoor experience

My opendoor experience had been nothing but positive, convenient, and fast. Just to preface, I lived in maricopa county, Arizona so the market is super hot at the moment. July 12th we requested a preliminary offer, which we received on the same day. It was 345k-385k with the estimate being 365k

Now, we were just hoping for a minimum of 280k so this looked great! We scheduled a video tour for the following week.

Video tour- Wednesday at 9:30am: took 20 minutes. The first 10was just talking to the opendoor experience partner and answering their questions (do your appliances work? Have you received offers from other companies? When do you want to move? How much are you hoping for? Is this a smokers home, or do you have pets?). then the following 10minutes is the tour of the home. You start at the front door and walk through your home doing a slow 360 in each room. You do not need to show inside cabinets or closets but as we have walk in closets, we did. I'd recommend showing any walk in closets as well or any unique features. After you show the interior, they ask if you want to schedule the exterior inspection. We scheduled ours for the following morning from 8-12.

Exterior inspection- Thursday morning: our inspector came at 11:30 and was gone by 11:40. He took pictures of the house exterior, the backyard, and the roof from the ground. He didn't need to come in or talk to us he just texted us to say he was here and to open the back gate while he took photos of the front. He was in our backyard for a grand total of about 4 minutes. 10minutes after arrival he texted us 'thank you! I shut your gate. Have a good day.' and that was that.

Final offer-Thursday evening: our final offer came at 7:30pm the same day which was quite a surprise as we expected to hear back the following day. Even the originally video chat partner said we could expect our offer Friday or Monday.

So the whole process from start to finish was less than 2 days.

We chose to close on August 17 and stay an additional week as they are doing a one week free late check out promotion.

submitted by /u/chaesikdoujiao
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/u7trk1/long_overdue_opendoor_experience/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...