Skip to main content

New Jersey boom

I realize the market is skewed toward sellers everywhere, but realistically is it possible to find and close on a home in 3 months in north NJ? We are looking to move no further south than Middlesex County and no further west than Morris County, so made our area range as broad as we could. Our house went under contract in just 2 days with a full cash offer, which is great. However, we have been looking and offering to no avail for the last month. I’ve even waived appraisal and inspection on some homes with strong and higher than listing offers and we’re still getting beaten. I guess I’m wondering if it’s worth it to continue? Our home sale is contingent on finding our new home by June 1st. So we necessarily wouldn’t lose our home but we lose time and this is extremely emotionally challenging, not to mention there are a lot of people who are working hard and I wouldn’t want it to be for nothing. We also have an infant at home and I think that is making me ponder this decision even harder. Our agent did suggest doing a fast close with a lease back option (to free up more cash), but we decided under no circumstances will we sell our home without another, especially with a newborn. Thank you to anyone familiar with Jersey (or this market for the matter).

submitted by /u/The-Gummy
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/t14few/new_jersey_boom/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...