Skip to main content

Disagreement with agent on repair negotiations

We are selling in a hot market in VA. We got several full price offers 2 days after our home hit the market. We picked the better offer and the buyer scheduled their inspection. The inspection came back with quite a few things which we expected for our price point and age of the house. The buyer started the repair negotiation with one large item they want and a credit for some smaller items.

Ok great. So we come up with a counteroffer we want to present. We want to counter with the full credit they are asking for but no to the big repair, hoping we can meet in the middle. Our agent disagrees and is refusing to present our counteroffer. She keeps repeating we need to offer them everything they are asking for. We’ve been arguing about it with her for days. I just want to present my counteroffer and see where it goes but the agent is refusing to present it, repeating that we need to honor all of their requests.

I’m honestly baffled and I don’t know what to do. This is a new agent who we are friends with and I’m now regretting doing such a large financial transaction involving a friend. I just want to negotiate with the buyer! I don’t understand how it would make sense to start a negotiation by saying yes to everything they are asking for?

submitted by /u/CatsMoonJ
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/dbkmj9/disagreement_with_agent_on_repair_negotiations/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...