Skip to main content

Should I keep pursuing this?

My husband and I moved from Midwest to AZ this summer. We decided to buy a house and found a realtor that was a referral from a local agent friend. This guy was slow and a little off from the start but we had already signed. We found a house and after an accepted offer, started the inspection process. Buy the house, no problems we know of. Fast forward a few months later and we hate AZ. We decided to move back to our old town and my husband got his old job back. We list the house and it goes under contract quickly. Great! The inspection comes back saying we need to replace the entire roof. Which is crazy because we bought this house a few months ago no issue. We start asking questions and find out the same roof inspector was out before we closed and did a roof inspection and it came back saying the roof needed replacement. Our buyers agent never passed it along to us and never responded to any emails to roof inspection company. They reached out to him 5 times. We are now responsible for repairs and costs in order to sell our house, or buyer will walk. We reach out to the realtor and he basically asks questions then stops responding. Also, he sends us this text saying his wife left him during our buying process and he was distracted. Like we care or that would matter to us? We have contacted a lawyer and they said we have a open and shut case since we have all the receipts from the roofing inspector reaching out to our realtor. Also we never got the inspection report. Only a fabricated one our realtor did to make it look good before we closed. The problem is we are looking at a small amount of money. We negotiated with the buyers to split roof costs (we will pay $5k). I want to nail these losers that screwed us but I’m afraid it will cost more in legal fees than it’s worth. Advice?

submitted by /u/ConsequenceNew7706
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1oe0rzc/should_i_keep_pursuing_this/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...