Skip to main content

Seller bought from father a few months ago. Red flag or green flag?

I know this could go either way but what do you think? Here's the deal, seller bought her father's home 4 months ago. Now her and the husband are getting divorced (social media seems to confirm this) and are selling. It's in a great area. Cheapest home in the neighborhood. Large property. No HOA. House itself isn't perfect but its only about 20 years old and most at this price point in the area are in worse shape and like 70 years old.

So anyway, I have an accepted offer for under ask and only about 2% more than what they bought it for. Does that sound reasonable? Given closing costs and such, I can't believe they'd be making any money on this unless dad accepted less money than what's reported on the deed. My pessimism was making me think this might give them plausible deniability on the disclosure form but it looks like they didn't even answer anything "unknown." And the inspection didn't turn up anything major but radon, which they're going to give us a credit for.

This is my first home purchase and it makes it hard not thinking about all the ways this could go wrong...even like this where it's very likely a green flag.

submitted by /u/jxj
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1mlp0j5/seller_bought_from_father_a_few_months_ago_red/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...