Skip to main content

Is it crazy to make an offer on the second house I've seen?

I started looking for a house with my partner 2 weeks ago, we're first time buyers and we're in our early 40s.

The housing market is crazy where I live (Amsterdam, Netherlands) but we're relocating to a beach town 40 minutes away. It's much quieter and the market is not as intense as here. (For example in Amsterdam it's normal to overbid 50k to get a home, sometimes more. It's 100 dogs to a bone, homes are sold within 2 weeks).

We've only seen 2 homes so far and I'm sold on the second one, I want to make an offer, eventually. We've contacted renovation companies and we're in the process of getting quotes and timelines. And we definitely want to get a thorough inspection before confirming the purchase. The house has been for sale for almost a year (it was very high priced for several months, then had a price reduction of about 60k).

Is it crazy or unwise to make an offer after only seeing 2 homes? This house ticks a lot of boxes that I don't think I'll find again, especially considering that my requirements are many and there isn't a lot of offer in this town.

Edit - Thank you so much for the replies so far. I'm feeling a lot better about this.

submitted by /u/-WhiteOleander
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1mlmwdj/is_it_crazy_to_make_an_offer_on_the_second_house/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...