Skip to main content

Seller will not budge FSBO

We put an offer in on a home. The sellers wanted 640k FSBO. They accepted. They agreed to pay 7k of the closing, great! After inspection, roof has some signs of water leak(wet insulation, wet unsheething) but no mold. 3 of the windows are original and do not open but the rest were newer and are fine. The radon also tested high and averaged out to 5.8. These were the 3 big items to us, wanting remediation. There were many other smaller issues but we decided to concede on many including the entire house is in need of an update but the location of this place and the fact is being on 2+ acres at the end of a culdesac has its perks, so we are more open to eating some costs. It will keep us in the same neighborhood and our kids stay in the top rated schools.

Anyways, we went back and asked for a new roof, to have the windows in working order or replaced or even a credit, plus have a radon mitigation system put in place before close. They were taken aback and told us they are already saving us so much money because we are not using a Realtor and there is so much equity in the home. This is kind of funny cause we do not see the equity because the house would not sell for more than 650k where it sits in current market. It has also been listed higher twice on market in the last 3 years with no bites. The way we see it they are the ones saving, but they seem stingy or think they are going to get over on us. I already know the appraisal isnt coming back for more than 640-650k due to friends homes on the same block selling and getting appraised the past year and the homes were fully remodeled. It might even come back lower which would put us dead in the water with financing. It’s frustrating to say the least as we can only find premium insurance that will cost double and wont even cover the roof. They asked for the inspection report and now have to disclose to any future potential buyers.

We are going to go back one more time and tell them one final time, new roof, new windows, a radon mitigation system OR all of that cost taken off asking or we are out! We love the location but the house has lost some of its appeal with all the back and forth and we are ready to wait until spring when there is more coming on the market. Are we crazy?!

FYI: We the buyers do have a Realtor representing us as a facilitator and she agrees with us but wanting to hear others stories on this if they experienced this and what they did to get the deal done or did you walk away and find something even better!

submitted by /u/ServiceAdvisor612
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1ii77qd/seller_will_not_budge_fsbo/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...