Skip to main content

How to handle this personal situation with agent?

I'm trying to sell my house. I signed on with an agent. I haven't owned my house long but the previous owners left the property full of junk. My agent said hey I'll have my teenage son help you load stuff into a dumpster. She brought him over and said she had to go elsewhere and would come back for him. She saw my side by side and suggested to her son he use that to load with junk and bring to the dumpster. I monitored him working while I also worked outside in different areas. At one point I went inside to tend to my baby. Shortly after that he comes in with three of my young kids, who are all hurt, because he had them on the side by side and ran it straight into a tree and they were ejected. One of them was bleeding from the mouth, one has a loose tooth, all are bruised and sore. I'm extremely thankful it wasn't even worse. They are all under the age of 8.

We look at it after he leaves and it is probably totaled. Frame damage that could only have been done if he was going extremely fast. We had someone lined up to buy it for 7,000$ and now it is probably nearly worthless.

Our thought is to get an estimate for repairs or get an estimate for the value of it as it is now and ask the agent to pay us. I was going to suggest if she can't write me a check right now that she can hand me the money after we close on a home that will make her tens of thousands of dollars in commission.

Is this reasonable? It is an awkward situation and I don't know how to handle it.

submitted by /u/sara184868
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1hgyeid/how_to_handle_this_personal_situation_with_agent/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...