Skip to main content

Building a new house, and concerned about timing the sale of current house

We are in Raleigh NC area. Kids have moved out, and we have decided to downsize. We have signed a contract with a builder, and he expects to finish construction and close in June, depending upon weather, etc. We are concerned about the timing of putting our current home on the market and the risk of aligning the sale and closing of the current house with the new house.

I understand we can incorporate the date to close in the contract to sell, but what if the construction is delayed and we need to reschedule?

We have been considering an "IBuyer" like OpenDoor since it seems to have more flexibility so we can align the date for both closings. However it looks like the offer price is lower than we will get by selling through a realtor. I also understand OpenDoor has some hidden fees.

Looking for recommendations. Thanks

submitted by /u/Ready-Care-8491
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1hihvvf/building_a_new_house_and_concerned_about_timing/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...