Skip to main content

Rating a bad home or apartment for rent or sale after visiting it

So I've had this issue while moving around a lot. I go with a real estate agent to visit an apartment or house for rent. I usually have a checklist that I take with me (on my phone) and make sure that most of the stuff gets checked off after making sure that the place meets my requirements. Without the checklist I have forgotten some things in the past and really regretted not making sure the place had it.

Then of course there are the places that are simply bad that have all kinds of issues including things outside the home like train tracks nearby, a noisy street, dogs barking, garbage all around, and so on.

I'm thinking of getting an app built to handle this. It would let others know what you thought of the place and maybe it might help them to decide whether it's worth wasting their time going there to visit.

I also think it would be great to rate the real estate agent or company. I've had agents lie to me. They should be punished for this. What are your thoughts on this?

submitted by /u/CoderOnTheLoose
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1gtb9at/rating_a_bad_home_or_apartment_for_rent_or_sale/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...