Skip to main content

Can I make a 2nd downpayment after closing when I sell my home?

I’m very new to this, but we just had an offer accepted on a house, we got a good price, but it’s contingent on us closing at the end of the year. We didn’t set any other contingencies.

Problem, given the timeframe, we def will not be able to sell our current home by then, which means we can put down about 10% now, but won’t be able to put down the remaining money after we sell our home which will probably be next year sometime.

My question… what options do o realistically have to lower the payments?

Can I do a second downpayment after our home sells?

If not, can you think of any other options we can consider to lower our payments since we won’t be able to put down 20% at the time of closing?

I want to note we can afford to carry two mortgages for the interim until we sell, question is lowering the payment due to putting 10% (conventional loan)

Thanks!

submitted by /u/taviyiya
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1gu4cgo/can_i_make_a_2nd_downpayment_after_closing_when_i/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...