Skip to main content

Offering way below list- super nice seller!

Has anyone ever had an extremely low ball offer accepted? For context, we found a house that suits all our needs (home itself). It has slightly less land than we would like and it sits up on a hill and there are some steep drop offs (kids could fall down and get hurt, nothing that would kill ya though).

Anyways, house is listed at $600k. Started at $800k but dropped $100k and than $50k 2x. The house needs all new windows (about 30 windows), new kitchen & utility room flooring (tile is broken in lots of parts, roof and HVAC are original (18 years old), new exterior doors (4 french, 1 front), and then we would want new cabinets, a fence installed, and some wall paper removal/paint.

Our agent ran some report and showed that comps with similar size (3600sqft) it should be between $435k-$520k. We were thinking of offering $450k but, we also met the seller and he is an extremely wonderful person. So much that we are afraid to offend him. He wants the house sold so bad because he lives further away and said he never wanted his home to start at $800k.

Anyways, has anyone ever had success with an offer $25% below list? Have you ever written a letter to the seller explaining your why and apologizing in advance if they are offended? We are torn on walking away since it isn't 100% what we want in terms of land and the seller is so sweet, or just going for it since the house itself checks our boxes

submitted by /u/Content-Duck-7608
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1g2055o/offering_way_below_list_super_nice_seller/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...