Skip to main content

AZ Real Estate Exam

After completing my licensing exam I figured I’d give you my thoughts and ideas about the 3 tests you must complete to start your journey in Real Estate

90 Hour Pre Licensing Course: I took my course through Aceable agent which was all online. I thought the course was very simple to use and I enjoyed watching the videos and being able to listen to the chapters. The class itself was very simple and straight forward. In my opinion they teach you all what you need to know for the tests.

The test: (I had an earlier post regarding this because I was terrified of taking this test as you only have 2 attempts before you are required to restart the class) The test itself was very easy. I had taken the practice tests on the class website 4 times. Each test being 180 questions long. I also took the smaller practice tests for each chapter (I believe 27 chapters) 3 times each. Along with the Prep Agent website. I passed on my first try with an 83%. Had I not changed a few answers at the end I would’ve had a 90+. But a pass is a pass!

The Writing Contract Test: I took this test shortly after the final course exam so that everything was still fresh. With this test as you may know it is unlimited attempts. There was virtually nothing to really study besides the study guide given to you. Having no real practice tests it was difficult to really study as the study guide is a mere 6 pages long full of definitions you already learned. Because I had studied so hard for my first test I figured I’d be able to pass this test first try. I was wrong.. I went in blind and failed the test with a 76% as it is only 25 questions and you must receive a 80% percent to pass. I took the test again a few minutes later and passed. Helpful hints: pay attention to the wording and know your definitions of easements, time, possession trust, trustee, trustor etc.. Wasn’t very difficult in all honesty

The License Exam: For this test I figured I’d just study again through Prep Agent, Aceable Agent. I repeated the same process by taking the tests over and over again memorizing the questions and answers. As the test date was approaching I went on Pearson Vue and decided to spend the $20 to take their practice test. It is 80 questions and only 1 test. There is only 1 test form as well. I took it after receiving high grades on my other study tests and received a 62/80. It tells you what categories to focus on and what you scored in those categories but doesn’t tell you what answers you got wrong. A took it again and received a 75%. Figured I was good to go on the actual test now. I studied and studied all the way up till the exam. Walked in to the testing center and was shitting bricks. I was stunned with what was on the test. I felt so unprepared. Even after spending a week and a half solely studying for 6 hours a day. The wording was much different from anything I’ve seen before on my other practice tests. It took me 4.5 hours to finish because I reviewed the test 4 times. 195 question test x 4 . Each time I went over a question I was more confident in my answer.. I scored a 66%. Again the rest doesn’t tell you what answers were wrong or right just what you scored on categories. Boy was I bummed. I went back to studying the next day. This time with a different approach. I read somewhere on here that a website called The Night Before The Exam was very good to study so I tried that along with Prep Agent. Swapping back and forth between the 2. I spent another week studying 6 hours a day. I took the second test with much more confidence and did it under an hour and a half.. Failed with a 74%. Bummed was an understatement but I was soo close. I buckled up my studying and was able to review my last test on the answers I got wrong. Took my 3rd test 2 days after my 2nd. It was much harder than any other test I had previously. It was as if every difficult question I’ve had were all thrown into 1 test. During the test I thought to myself “ I definitely bombed this test “ Long story short. I somehow managed to pass!

Highlights: Prep Agent I found was useful. Not perfect but very useful. The Night Before the Exam was extremely helpful in the wording and understanding of topics. And lastly if you have the money for it I would suggest taking the Pearson Practice Exam a couple times so that you are familiar with the wording in the actual test. Good luck and thanks for reading!

submitted by /u/Ancient_Pumpkin_1318
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1fprpyz/az_real_estate_exam/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aren't comps/CMAs useless with buyer credits at close happening now?

I'm looking into buying a new construction townhouse in my HCOL US city. I'm seeing builders offering interest rate buydowns worth $20k-$60k on $800k homes (rather than just lowering prices) in order to keep their comps high for their other units, now that buyer demand has been declining. I asked my agent about these, and he said these buydowns aren't even the full story: buyers can write all kinds of other credits into an offer, like their closing costs, prepaid sewer fees, etc. Apparently cash buyers can just write in a "buyer credit at close" for any amount in their offer. So a new townhouse that appeared to sell for $800k in the MLS might have actually been a cash offer with a $100k+ buyer credit at close, meaning the buyer only spent $700k or less in total, but to the rest of the world they can only see the $800k! So that made me realize I can't trust comps/CMAs for other new construction townhouses. The sales prices could be way lower than they appear

Fast Rising HOA Fees on NYC Condo, No Budget Provided

My wife and I are first time homeowners and could use some advice on a situation we've been having with our management company and Board. We bought a condo in Brooklyn two years ago, and since then our HOA fees have climbed dramatically. In August of last year, our fees were increased by ~30% and just yesterday we received notice that this new figure would be increased by 16% as of June 1st. The by-laws for our building state that ten days before such a change goes into effect, the Board must provide unit owners with the itemized budget upon which the new numbers were based. This didn't happen last year, and when I asked the management company about it, they just kept vaguely insisting the Board had done due diligence. After I kept pressing, they finally sent a budget that was several years old, so obviously not the one that the new numbers were based on. When I asked the management company for contact information for the Board to get further clarification, I was told that th

Obtaining a real estate license as a hobby?

Hello, I am 24 years old - 2 years out of college and I have my main job. I was looking to get a real estate license (in California if location matters) as a hobby/for fun since I like real estate ever since I was in high school. In the past 2 years, I would go to open house in the weekends to look at homes for fun. I don’t plan to practice real estate full time as I have my main job but I am curious are there any benefits to this? In the future, I plan to own multiple properties and have rentals, so I was wondering if getting a real estate license can help me with it? Thanks submitted by /u/AlohVera [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1f0qx9i/obtaining_a_real_estate_license_as_a_hobby/