Skip to main content

Unrealistic buyers!!

We have our home up for sale and have a buyer who signed As-Is contract. Still they came up with a list of stuff to fix and we were forced to agree to 12 out of 15 they are asking(though most of them are regular wear and tear for a 7 year old home), we did all repairs and submitted receipts and have closing scheduled in a couple days. Now the buyers are saying they are not satisfied with the repairs and are threatening to walk away saying it’s sellers default as we didn’t repair as per their satisfaction. They are demanding 2000$ to sign the closing. Since it’s buyers market my sellers agent is pushing to keep agreeing to whatever the buyers are demanding and he is the sole reason why we ended up doing all repairs. Since market is low and we dont have any backup offers they are forcing our hand. They don’t have any inspection satisfaction contingency. What are we supposed to do now? How do we prove we did all repairs as requested(since satisfaction is upto one’s own limit). They have been very nit picky and mentally harassing us and sellers agent is just dancing to their tunes.

submitted by /u/Itsybitsyaffairs
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1e7qnq2/unrealistic_buyers/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...