Skip to main content

Need Guidance on Unresponsive Landlord Situation for My Client

Hey fellow agents,

I have a client who's facing a bit of a challenge with their current landlord, and I'm seeking some advice on the best course of action. Here's the situation:

On June 12th, my client sent an email and a text to their landlord, informing them of their intention to vacate the property by July 19th and not renew the lease. The lease ended in March, and they had previously requested to switch to a month-to-month arrangement, but received no response to that request either.

On July 1st, my client followed up with another email and a phone call that went to voicemail, reiterating their intention to vacate by July 19th. Still, no response from the landlord.

Now it's July 26th, and my client has fully moved out, but there's still no word from the landlord. The lease agreement states that 30 days' notice is required for breaking the lease, which my client provided via email and text. They have saved all correspondence and phone records.

I'm concerned the landlord might claim they weren't properly notified. What steps can my client take to protect themselves and ensure there are no issues with the move-out process and potential security deposit return? Any insights or similar experiences would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help!

submitted by /u/jimmydafarmer
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1eewhpi/need_guidance_on_unresponsive_landlord_situation/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...