Skip to main content

Huge Difference Between LE and Final Closing Cost Details

I'm financing new construction and have a 15k seller credit, 3.3k deposit I made on options/additions, and a 7.5k earnest deposit.

I have a loan estimate from 7/16 with a loan amount of $658,833. Estimated closing costs are $56k and estimated cash to close is $38k. It should be noted that this cash to close doesn't include my 7.5k earnest deposit, so cash to close should really be about 30k. I mentioned this to my loan officer twice and he said it would even out at closing and said 30k was the right number.

Today I received the final closing disclosure and there's a 15k increase in cash to close, and now the closing cost details include my 15k seller credit (applied towards origination charges, which wasn't where he'd applied it before, but ok) and the 7.5k earnest deposit I made - but omitted the 3.3k deposit I'd already made.

My biggest area of concern: the loan estimates all calculated estimated escrow prepaids for insurance/taxes/Mello Roos at 3 months, 2 months, and 2 months respectively. The final estimate calculates them at 3 months, 8 months, and 8 months, respectively. 6 months of escrow prepaids is a significant difference.

I'm also confused with taxes: it calculates property taxes (at 6mos) under prepaids - $3971, then under initial escrow payment it lists property taxes again (calculated at 2mos) - $5294.

Then, separately, there is an adjustment on the summaries page that shows $7158 for county taxes (8/2024 thru 7/2025).

The net result here is an addition of $7158 in taxes, another $4349 in escrow prepaids (totaling $11.5k) and then the omission of my other 3.3k deposit.

I have purchased 3 houses and I have never seen such wild fluctuation from a LE and final cash to close, and I'm not comfortable with it. I was expected to pay 30k cash to close based on a LE from last week and now I'm staring at 45k.

Of note: 20k right off the bat is my VA funding fee (secondary entitlement).

I politely wrote back to my loan processor and the senior loan processor and asked to see a new loan disclosure that included the 15k seller credit, my 7.5k earnest deposit, *and* my 3.3k deposit all on the same worksheet - I've asked multiple times. I also asked to see a disclosure that aligns to the 3/2/2 months of escrow prepaids instead of 3/8/8. Am I being unreasonable?

Should be noted that the builder is Lennar and I'm using their in-house financing. Zero reason there should be this kind of disconnect. Thoughts?

submitted by /u/220solitusma
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1echxls/huge_difference_between_le_and_final_closing_cost/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...