Skip to main content

Cancelling a contract three days after escrow started.

My very elderly mother (90+) signed a contract to sell her houses. She told me after three days later she needed surgery and had to cancel the sale. I had been estranged from her for years but she required my help almost everyday as my brother was recently diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. And could no longer take care of her. The buyer didn’t believe her but it is true. 4 days after that my wife and I received a call from an alarm company that our house was broken into out of state. The officer told us the house we bought months prior was now heavily damaged due to the flood. My wife immediately wife called the buyer and he expressed zero empathy for this situation. My mother had a stroke five months prior. I did not know this until my brother told me about it weeks after signing. My mother was going to move in with us to this new home 1800 miles away but now the house is absolutely unliveable. State Farm will not repair it. The mortgage company put a forebearance on it until august. We went to view the property and it is pretty bad. Even if fixed it will take months which leaves us nowhere to live except in the houses we have in California. My mother is having surgery tomorrow finally for what she canceled the contract originally with the investor. 354,000 gallons went thru the home in 7 months yet the water company failed to turn off the water which was not even in our name. That’s enough water for a family of four for six and a half years! The home was inspected for $700 and the first time I use the shower I heard water running in the wall. I thought my wife was doing laundry. We left that same day and the nightmare began. A lawsuit is pending. Regardless I and my wife are my mother’s caretakers. We came back to California ten days later to find the agent was unwilling to cancel the contract despite pictures and reports regarding damages. The point is that my mother was going to move into our new house with us. Now we have nowhere to go as her caretakers because according to my brother the asshole is going to likely be sold the house at an even lower price than originally agreed upon. She is worried that she is going to lose her house. She just told my wife and I that we can have her other house but she wants it notarized so after she passes we get it. If we cannot stay in this house then we have to either move into the destroyed house or foreclose(VA loan). During the signing this guy was like “ I have to take out insurance in escrow in case she dies before closing” . I was shocked by that. As well, during signing my mother asked him at least eight times how much cash she would walk away with at closing.Her short term memory is very bad. Long term it’s great. The current attorney attorney my brother hired says it’s going to be upwards of fifty thousand dollars to resolve the issue otherwise they are going to sell the Houston this prick who put a grand in escrow for each house. We are my mothers caretakers. My mother require drs appointment at least once a week and all of her DRs are networked here. how can someone be this heartless? I am a decorated gulf war veteran and my mother is a widow of a double bronze star winner. With new high interest rates she nor I can afford a new house especially when these two are almost paid off. I’m going to report this trash to the California department of realtors asap. My wife is 50% disabled and we both drive for FedEx for a living but it’s getting rough at sixty years of age. I’m debating on the type of lawyer I need. I’m thinking elder abuse but I haven’t much cash as I can’t work driving team truck (she drives with me) OTR. The house water back there ran for three months and State Farm calls it abandonment yet. The hours was just inspected and after the adjuster came in she found 3 more. We didn’t think we’d be gone so long but my mother needed immediate help as my brother wasn’t able to do anything I with stage four esophageal cancer. I don’t know if we need an elder abuse attorney or a real estate attorney at this point but this attorney my brother found is doing us no favors by letting this guy have the house. There’s much more. How can they force us out under these circumstances? I would think any decent judge would say hell no. While we were out of state for ten days this guy paid some landscapers to jumpers her fence and cut down all of her existing landscaping. That seems criminal to me. Going past a locked gate in a HOA community. They completely redid her entire yard. Since April there’s little communication between the investor and the attorney my brother hired. I’ve thought of hiring my own on my wife and our behalf. There’s no one to take care of her if we are forced to move. There’s more to this story but I know legal advice is usually not a wise thing to give. I’m hoping that my complaint to the state will help. The attorney my brother hired is no help to us so after an argument with his wimpy beta male ass I told him I will hire my own. Comments plz? Thank you.

submitted by /u/SkyBethfan479
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1e0mkf8/cancelling_a_contract_three_days_after_escrow/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aren't comps/CMAs useless with buyer credits at close happening now?

I'm looking into buying a new construction townhouse in my HCOL US city. I'm seeing builders offering interest rate buydowns worth $20k-$60k on $800k homes (rather than just lowering prices) in order to keep their comps high for their other units, now that buyer demand has been declining. I asked my agent about these, and he said these buydowns aren't even the full story: buyers can write all kinds of other credits into an offer, like their closing costs, prepaid sewer fees, etc. Apparently cash buyers can just write in a "buyer credit at close" for any amount in their offer. So a new townhouse that appeared to sell for $800k in the MLS might have actually been a cash offer with a $100k+ buyer credit at close, meaning the buyer only spent $700k or less in total, but to the rest of the world they can only see the $800k! So that made me realize I can't trust comps/CMAs for other new construction townhouses. The sales prices could be way lower than they appear

Fast Rising HOA Fees on NYC Condo, No Budget Provided

My wife and I are first time homeowners and could use some advice on a situation we've been having with our management company and Board. We bought a condo in Brooklyn two years ago, and since then our HOA fees have climbed dramatically. In August of last year, our fees were increased by ~30% and just yesterday we received notice that this new figure would be increased by 16% as of June 1st. The by-laws for our building state that ten days before such a change goes into effect, the Board must provide unit owners with the itemized budget upon which the new numbers were based. This didn't happen last year, and when I asked the management company about it, they just kept vaguely insisting the Board had done due diligence. After I kept pressing, they finally sent a budget that was several years old, so obviously not the one that the new numbers were based on. When I asked the management company for contact information for the Board to get further clarification, I was told that th

Obtaining a real estate license as a hobby?

Hello, I am 24 years old - 2 years out of college and I have my main job. I was looking to get a real estate license (in California if location matters) as a hobby/for fun since I like real estate ever since I was in high school. In the past 2 years, I would go to open house in the weekends to look at homes for fun. I don’t plan to practice real estate full time as I have my main job but I am curious are there any benefits to this? In the future, I plan to own multiple properties and have rentals, so I was wondering if getting a real estate license can help me with it? Thanks submitted by /u/AlohVera [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1f0qx9i/obtaining_a_real_estate_license_as_a_hobby/