Skip to main content

How to express unhappiness to agent selling my home?

Title says it all. I'm having some serious regrets about who I chose to be my agent to sell my home. Here are some of the concerns I have:

  1. Pressured me into removing .5% of the buyers agent fee and giving it to them instead. I'm concerned about how the lower buyers agent commission fee could be impacting the sale of my home.

  2. Only paying the photographer to take 10 photos of my home for the listing. I heard my agent & the photographer talking and apparently the photographer was going to charge more to take more photos, which my agent was unwilling to do.

  3. Not really giving any real insight into the pricing of my home. We have been on the market since June 1st, with the home marked "coming soon" for about a week prior. I own a 1600 sq ft home, 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, attached garage, under 250k. There haven't been any showings and only 1 person came to an open house we had recently. I'm on a time crunch to move as I'm moving out of the area to start a new job, so after the poor open house showing, I suggested cutting the price by $5k. The only response to that was "ok" and it was done. No discussion on if this was the right move, etc. They did suggest that we offer a $1k buyers agent bonus as well because I had expressed concerns a few days ago about how the lowered buyers agent commission could be hurting showings.

  4. Poor marketing efforts. When I met with this agent, they told me how my home would sell quickly due to having the 3 beds 2.5 baths under $250k. They shared that they knew of plenty buyers looking for these exact features in this price range. However, given that there have been 0 showings, I question if this agent actually has a buyer base. I see many other local brokerages who share their agents listings on social media. However, my agents brokerage does nothing but happy birthday wishes to their agents. Therefore, I question what is actually being done to advertise my home.

    I know it's a tougher market these days, but there's two other homes in my neighborhood that just went under contract within only a day or two of listing. I don't know if some of these above concerns I have are expecting too much of my agent or if I'm right to be annoyed by these things. I'm honestly wishing I had listed with a different agent, but I'm under a listing agreement now so I need to make the best of what I have. Any advice on how to handle this, whether that be directly talking to my agent or managing my expectations better? I did threaten to pull my home from the market and instead rent it out if we don't go under contract within 2 weeks but I don't know if that will actually do anything and that really is not a route I would like to go if at all possible.

submitted by /u/New-Guitar-4562
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1dce5l2/how_to_express_unhappiness_to_agent_selling_my/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aren't comps/CMAs useless with buyer credits at close happening now?

I'm looking into buying a new construction townhouse in my HCOL US city. I'm seeing builders offering interest rate buydowns worth $20k-$60k on $800k homes (rather than just lowering prices) in order to keep their comps high for their other units, now that buyer demand has been declining. I asked my agent about these, and he said these buydowns aren't even the full story: buyers can write all kinds of other credits into an offer, like their closing costs, prepaid sewer fees, etc. Apparently cash buyers can just write in a "buyer credit at close" for any amount in their offer. So a new townhouse that appeared to sell for $800k in the MLS might have actually been a cash offer with a $100k+ buyer credit at close, meaning the buyer only spent $700k or less in total, but to the rest of the world they can only see the $800k! So that made me realize I can't trust comps/CMAs for other new construction townhouses. The sales prices could be way lower than they appear

Fast Rising HOA Fees on NYC Condo, No Budget Provided

My wife and I are first time homeowners and could use some advice on a situation we've been having with our management company and Board. We bought a condo in Brooklyn two years ago, and since then our HOA fees have climbed dramatically. In August of last year, our fees were increased by ~30% and just yesterday we received notice that this new figure would be increased by 16% as of June 1st. The by-laws for our building state that ten days before such a change goes into effect, the Board must provide unit owners with the itemized budget upon which the new numbers were based. This didn't happen last year, and when I asked the management company about it, they just kept vaguely insisting the Board had done due diligence. After I kept pressing, they finally sent a budget that was several years old, so obviously not the one that the new numbers were based on. When I asked the management company for contact information for the Board to get further clarification, I was told that th

Obtaining a real estate license as a hobby?

Hello, I am 24 years old - 2 years out of college and I have my main job. I was looking to get a real estate license (in California if location matters) as a hobby/for fun since I like real estate ever since I was in high school. In the past 2 years, I would go to open house in the weekends to look at homes for fun. I don’t plan to practice real estate full time as I have my main job but I am curious are there any benefits to this? In the future, I plan to own multiple properties and have rentals, so I was wondering if getting a real estate license can help me with it? Thanks submitted by /u/AlohVera [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1f0qx9i/obtaining_a_real_estate_license_as_a_hobby/