Skip to main content

Seller hasn’t moved out 48 hours before close

Hopefully this post isn’t too long but here is the cliff notes of our situation. My wife and I just met with the notary tonight to sign off the final closing paperwork on the townhouse we are buying in CA. During the signing she mentioned that when she met with the seller at the home this past weekend it looked like she hadn’t packed a single thing even though she is supposed to be out on the 17th. Then when we were finishing up with signing the paperwork our real estate agent showed up and told us that the seller all of sudden wants more time to move out. Apparently she still doesn’t have a place to move to and the stupid woman has 2 children. This entire thing threw a massive wrench into our plans since we had movers scheduled for Saturday and we told our apartment we were moving out by the end of the month but now we are stuck for at least another week which is going to cost us money.

We are still closing on Wednesday so that we don’t lose our insanely low rate of 5.75% (long story but basically our mortgage broker screwed up and put down the wrong rate on a dock we all signed, should have been 7.25%) and I am scared this stupid woman will refuse to move out. She has been such a pain during this entire process and as we have been going through closing we found out that the seller basically can’t afford the place (she bought it in 2021 for $325k and is selling to us for $345k) and that she was behind by almost $5k alone on her HOA. Hopefully she will be out by this weekend but if she doesn’t move out we may get stuck with a squatters situation. I will post an update once I know more.

submitted by /u/Drew_916
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1c5b1sc/seller_hasnt_moved_out_48_hours_before_close/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...