Skip to main content

Investing in real estate - questions for a new acquisition

I have some questions about an investment, which I want to make. I can buy a studio with 60k (including the acquisition price+furniture +all the others costs). I can do that using 5k from my pocket and the rest I can borrow; to borrow I have more options: 1. 0 downpaiment (and I bring as guarantee an other property I have) and for the rest I can take a mortgage and here I have also 2 options: a. interest fixed for 3 years - 7.9 and after that it’s variable (an variable parameter “x”+3.4) for 27 years b. variabile - “x”+2.4 for 30 years; “x” changes every quarter and now it is 5.9 2. 25% downpaiment and for the rest a mortgage with the same options I mentioned above: a. interest fixed for 3 years - 7.9 and after that it’s variable (an variable parameter “x”+3.4) for 27 years b. variabile - “x”+2.4 for 30 years; “x” changes every quarter and now it is 5.9

Now I have the 5k, but if I have to put 25% down, then I have to wait to save the money. If I put 0 downpaiment, I will have negative cash flow, and the rent will not cover the mortgage (but I have other properties so, I can pay the difference easily fom there).

The rent per month would be around 300 euro. I know that the property does not respect 1% rule but that is the market in which I am. What do you advice? Thanks

submitted by /u/clAudiusssssdgfgv
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1bwccp3/investing_in_real_estate_questions_for_a_new/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...