Skip to main content

I didn’t know that they can still do open houses on the house you have an accepted offer, contingent on selling your own.

Basically did a Google/Reddit search and didn’t see a whole lot of this topic, so I just wanted to post it for others that might have the same scenario.

We have an offer accepted on a house and in the last week we have done a very thorough inspection, rented a storage unit in preparation for showing our house, and have packed up perhaps a fifth of our home already with the plan to list our home in a few days, five days under our deadline to list (we did all of this within the last 6 days). Tonight after a day of hard labor, we looked at our realtor app (quick/easy way to access house details) and saw that not only was the house not listed as contingent anymore, but there was an open house tomorrow.

Come to find out after a hasty response from our realtor that the app just must not show the house is contingent if there’s an open house. In details that don’t show in the app, our house is still contingent but the open house is still happening. It’s so frustrating - we are exceptionally good buyers with an amazing house in an incredibly desired area that will sell like hotcakes, and now I’m freaking out that someone else will swoop in. We didn’t underball either; the house has been listed for months and we made an offer at their most recent listing price and our offer was accepted within two hours.

I just don’t have any words right now, I’m tired and frustrated. I know this is allowed because we are contingent on the sale of our home, but if I were the sellers of a house that had been on the market for 5 months, I’d just be happy there was genuine interest at asking price. My husband and I are hobbyists and a handyman/woman who intend to enjoy this house and not tear it down to rebuild, unlike the cash offers they’re receiving under asking.

This open house has me completely confused.

submitted by /u/cas42439
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1c9a9y9/i_didnt_know_that_they_can_still_do_open_houses/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...