Skip to main content

Underwriters.... do what exactly?

Trying to figure this out. They have to follow guidelines placed by a lender, so we should assume (trigger for a REAL auditor or compliance specialist) that they actually have enough critical thinking skills to UNDERSTAND the guidelines. Of course, when it's written in a professional language that requires thought, an interpreter is helpful. We know they absolutely, under no circumstances, are not allowed to do ANY math calculations. I mean, if the YTD increases by the same amount bi-weekly, where is that calculation located? They can't be expected to justify the amount on a pay stub without a cited formula and long form calculation provided by the borrower, can they? What about required documents that need "clarification". What clarity can a borrower provide if you have ZERO communication with human beings outside of the cave you live in? Required documents are merely a suggestion because a borrower will have to resubmit them multiple times before an underwriter will even glance at them. Seriously, are you just lazy or too scared to be a professional that holds themselves accountable for work ethics. Practical wisdom is definitely not a required trait for underwriting, so what consequences are there for under-performers? Can they actually say that they "do a good job" or is it just, meh....satisfactory is the pinnacle of their industry standards? As of now and the foreseeable future, I have absolutely no respect for people in this career.

submitted by /u/Additional-Letter584
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1bs63xr/underwriters_do_what_exactly/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...