Skip to main content

Do you believe two people living off a combined income of 1500/1800 a fortnight can afford all the parts that come with home owning, with the mortgage paid off, and I have 50k savings

So basically, i am about to win a fair bit of money in a victim claim, 500k to 1 million (rough number but have been guaranteed a min of 500k). I will be using this money to move out of Perth to Bridgetown. I am currently on disability which will expire in 2 years, where I will work part time to support any other bills i may need with my mortage paid off. So what i am asking is i have a partner of 5 years, I am going to marry this man, who has supported me through everything and has never asked for a penny. He is currently unemployed, to start studies and eventually a part-time job when we move (could take over a year to find one due to low job opportunities, although both happy with retail, supermarket any little job). When we move the understanding is we will split all bills and council rates, as charging him 'rent' isnt something i find necessary as the mortage is paid off and i wouldn't charge him anything as this has been OUR blessing (however we both agree the house will remain solely in my name (unless we split when married or defacto relationship is eventually relevant and to split all other relevant house costs/repairs/maintenance etc). As I have never bought a house, do you believe two people living off a combined income of 1500/1800 a fortnight can afford all the parts that come with home owning, with the idea that the mortgage is paid off, and I have some savings in a high interest savings account.

Any tips will be most appreciated. Id like to quickly add me and my partner have both suffered from mental health, so neither of us want to work full-time if we can avoid it. he is considering getting his marketing degree and working from home as a social media manager, or simply pick up a cruisey part-time job within a 30/40min drive from where we live. House wise, something not too old with a managable garden to avoid tree lopping costs and major repairs. Grocery wise, 2 big costco trips a year and shop at woolies in Manjimup- Cheers

submitted by /u/AndersonFrogB32
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1anddh1/do_you_believe_two_people_living_off_a_combined/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...