Skip to main content

Seeking Advice on a Real Estate Investment Opportunity - Personal Context Included

Hello fellow Redditors,

I hope this post finds you well. I've come across an intriguing real estate investment opportunity, and I'd love to get your valuable opinions and insights on the matter.

To provide a bit of context, I'm 33 years old, married with two boys aged 5, and my wife and I are expecting another child. We currently reside in Morocco, Africa. Our family income, derived from our regular jobs, amounts to $3,500 per month. Additionally, I run two small businesses, although they are not yet generating profits.

Now, back to the investment opportunity – I've been offered the chance to purchase an 85m² apartment for $60,000, which is approximately $8,000 below the current market value. The property is currently leased to a tenant, generating a monthly rent of $200.

The proposed transaction involves paying an upfront deposit, and the percentage of rental income I receive is directly linked to the percentage of the total amount I advance. For example, if I advance 50%, I would receive 50% of the rent; if I advance 40%, I would get 40% of the rent, and so forth. The remaining purchase amount would be spread over 3 years at 0% interest. After this period, the property would become fully mine.

Considering our current family situation and my existing property ownership status, I'm seeking your advice on whether this new investment opportunity seems wise.

Here are some specific questions I'd appreciate your thoughts on:

Does the discounted purchase price and the 3-year, interest-free payment plan make this a sound investment, especially given our family's income?

How common is it to tie the share of rental income directly to the upfront deposit, and does this approach seem reasonable in our circumstances?

Considering our financial situation and my current property ownership, do you believe diversifying our real estate portfolio in this manner is a good move?

Are there any potential pitfalls or red flags that I might be overlooking in this proposal, especially given the additional financial responsibilities with a growing family?

Your insights and experiences will be immensely helpful in guiding my decision-making process. Thank you in advance for taking the time to share your thoughts!

submitted by /u/Maadxn
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/197ystf/seeking_advice_on_a_real_estate_investment/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aren't comps/CMAs useless with buyer credits at close happening now?

I'm looking into buying a new construction townhouse in my HCOL US city. I'm seeing builders offering interest rate buydowns worth $20k-$60k on $800k homes (rather than just lowering prices) in order to keep their comps high for their other units, now that buyer demand has been declining. I asked my agent about these, and he said these buydowns aren't even the full story: buyers can write all kinds of other credits into an offer, like their closing costs, prepaid sewer fees, etc. Apparently cash buyers can just write in a "buyer credit at close" for any amount in their offer. So a new townhouse that appeared to sell for $800k in the MLS might have actually been a cash offer with a $100k+ buyer credit at close, meaning the buyer only spent $700k or less in total, but to the rest of the world they can only see the $800k! So that made me realize I can't trust comps/CMAs for other new construction townhouses. The sales prices could be way lower than they appear

Fast Rising HOA Fees on NYC Condo, No Budget Provided

My wife and I are first time homeowners and could use some advice on a situation we've been having with our management company and Board. We bought a condo in Brooklyn two years ago, and since then our HOA fees have climbed dramatically. In August of last year, our fees were increased by ~30% and just yesterday we received notice that this new figure would be increased by 16% as of June 1st. The by-laws for our building state that ten days before such a change goes into effect, the Board must provide unit owners with the itemized budget upon which the new numbers were based. This didn't happen last year, and when I asked the management company about it, they just kept vaguely insisting the Board had done due diligence. After I kept pressing, they finally sent a budget that was several years old, so obviously not the one that the new numbers were based on. When I asked the management company for contact information for the Board to get further clarification, I was told that th

How to create fidelity investments current bank statement for lender during escrow

I transferred a certain amount to my bank account to complete the minimum down payment required. The bank wants a current statement of the transaction. Unfortunately, fidelity only does quarterly statements so a December statement is not available and we are due to close next week. I called fidelity and they they can only provide a letter but the bank said that won’t suffice. Any way I can find or make one of my own that has my account number/name along with all the recent month’s activities? submitted by /u/bodaciousbeans [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/zmnnqo/how_to_create_fidelity_investments_current_bank/