Skip to main content

My Real Estate team leader it’s charging me $5,000 to leave her team before the one year mark….

Here it’s my story, I need an advise

I stared my real estate career at Keller Williams were I met my productivity coach who later on created a real estate team and decided to join. She seem really nice and caring at first, when I joined the team o signed a contract of confidentiality with her and I remember her telling me one of the things she did not like or tolerate was gossip. So my splits were not that bad, if it was my client I found it was 25/75 and if it was a Lead she gave me it was 50/50… Which to me it make sense at first I though I was going to be getting leads. But later down the line I realized I was not getting leads, she will give me a list or really cold cold leads and expires to call. Which I would have to build the relationship over time. The first 2 deals I had with her that I close were from people I knew, and one other listing was from a list of expires that I build the relationship as well over time. And between those times I had other clients but she will want to meet some of them and just ended up scaring them away because she was so rude to them that all my clients complaint that she was rude and it seemed that she gave them an attitude. Long story short she scared my clients away and then she still had the audacity to tell me I needed to read me a book on how to make friends because I always look mad and that that’s why people did not want to talk to me….. And one day I call her because I had a question about something and told me to stop harassing her and her girlfriend who was also in the team and I didn’t like at all because she pretended to be so experience when we both had sold the same amount of homes and just felt entitled because she was my team leaders girlfriend, and yes they were lesbian which I don’t have anything against people sexuality by the way.

Anyway, they will both always criticize me for anything and tell me that I didn’t know how to talk to people and that that’s why they didn’t wanted to work with me. It got to the point were they even wanted to control the way I dress and talk. One day my team leader told me the new broker we move to was having a party and that I needed to be there and could not be late cause it was a party for white people not Hispanics and could not be late. Also she would force me to go to the office every single day because she said she got an office for us to use it, therefore we had to be there every single day.

She was just so toxic and her girlfriend to, I took so much disrespect from them, cause I though they were helping me at one point.

What broke the straw was when she told me I was harassing her and that I got into a car accident one time and I was left with no car and she told me I needed to rent a car if I wanted to make it in real estate knowing I was making no money with her.

Previous to that, I remember saying she updated the contract to anyone new that was joining the team, had to pay her $5,000 to terminate the contract. Which back then I was not considering leaving the team so I signed the contract and then all that BS began to happen even more. Her and her girlfriend began to treat me like shit and felt so disrespected by them.

I have my daughter right now and trying to get back on my feet has been hard, specially trying to pay my bills, feed my daughter, and trying to save for a car. I decided to leave that toxic team to go to another team where even though I just been there for a month I already got someone under contract and I’m actually being provided Zillow leads and people who actually want to buy. No now my ex team leader it’s telling me I need to pay her $5,000 soon because I signed that contract and her girlfriend send me an email as well. I told her I would not pay her right now because I have no money and she knows I’m trying to get back on my feet, and I also told her I would not leave my child hungry just to pay her $5,000 when I made her money when I was there and all I received from them was bad treatment and being constantly criticized like if she was my mother …..

I don’t think it’s fair for me to even pay her those $5,000 because at the end I made her money and she was forcing me to go to the office every day like if I was even getting pay the hour just cause she got an office she knew she could not even afford. She would just want us to go to the office to gossip about other people and investigate out personal life’s. When we would have one on one coaching she would want to ask us about our personal life’s and not business.

I need an advise??? What could I do?

Or do you guys think I’m in the wrong?

submitted by /u/Little-Attitude2585
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1aejjau/my_real_estate_team_leader_its_charging_me_5000/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aren't comps/CMAs useless with buyer credits at close happening now?

I'm looking into buying a new construction townhouse in my HCOL US city. I'm seeing builders offering interest rate buydowns worth $20k-$60k on $800k homes (rather than just lowering prices) in order to keep their comps high for their other units, now that buyer demand has been declining. I asked my agent about these, and he said these buydowns aren't even the full story: buyers can write all kinds of other credits into an offer, like their closing costs, prepaid sewer fees, etc. Apparently cash buyers can just write in a "buyer credit at close" for any amount in their offer. So a new townhouse that appeared to sell for $800k in the MLS might have actually been a cash offer with a $100k+ buyer credit at close, meaning the buyer only spent $700k or less in total, but to the rest of the world they can only see the $800k! So that made me realize I can't trust comps/CMAs for other new construction townhouses. The sales prices could be way lower than they appear

Fast Rising HOA Fees on NYC Condo, No Budget Provided

My wife and I are first time homeowners and could use some advice on a situation we've been having with our management company and Board. We bought a condo in Brooklyn two years ago, and since then our HOA fees have climbed dramatically. In August of last year, our fees were increased by ~30% and just yesterday we received notice that this new figure would be increased by 16% as of June 1st. The by-laws for our building state that ten days before such a change goes into effect, the Board must provide unit owners with the itemized budget upon which the new numbers were based. This didn't happen last year, and when I asked the management company about it, they just kept vaguely insisting the Board had done due diligence. After I kept pressing, they finally sent a budget that was several years old, so obviously not the one that the new numbers were based on. When I asked the management company for contact information for the Board to get further clarification, I was told that th

How to create fidelity investments current bank statement for lender during escrow

I transferred a certain amount to my bank account to complete the minimum down payment required. The bank wants a current statement of the transaction. Unfortunately, fidelity only does quarterly statements so a December statement is not available and we are due to close next week. I called fidelity and they they can only provide a letter but the bank said that won’t suffice. Any way I can find or make one of my own that has my account number/name along with all the recent month’s activities? submitted by /u/bodaciousbeans [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/zmnnqo/how_to_create_fidelity_investments_current_bank/