Skip to main content

Can I work as a real estate agent while in college?

I am currently a sophomore in college studying to become an accountant. I currently do not have a job and was looking for a part time job to make money while in school. Instead of getting a regular part time job such as working in a restaurant, I want to get a job where I can gain some real world experience, which is why I looked into real estate. I’ve done a lot of research and I’ve seen most people say not to do it part time because it doesn’t bring in a lot of money, but I don’t want to do it for the money, I want to do it as a learning experience. For school I only have one face to face class so my schedule is super flexible and I only do school work for about 10-20 hours a week. Overall my goal would be to make 10-15k a year (more would better if possible) because that’s about how much I would make from a part time job. I am willing to work really hard but I just won’t be able to put all my effort in because my main focus is school. Is it a good idea to do real estate or should I just get a regular part time job?

submitted by /u/DanteHardaway
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1ac6kw3/can_i_work_as_a_real_estate_agent_while_in_college/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...