Skip to main content

Can I back out for any minor thing with inspection contingencies?

Can I cancel an offer that has inspection contingencies for something minor on inspection? We made an offer on a house quickly to try to beat competition because we are desperate and have a baby on the way. Now that we are looking over the layout of the house again, I genuinely hate the use of space in the house. There isn’t a single room out of 3 that would fit our bed and walking space on both sides. The idea of having a bassinet next to my bed is a pipe dream. The two upstairs bedrooms have angled ceilings and my husband and I are tall so if we try to squeeze into one of them we will be smacking our heads every day.

We put in inspection contingencies and the house was built over 100 years ago. I feel pretty confident something will come up in inspection next week, but my question is if it’s extremely minor, can I still back out of this offer? I’m not worried that I’m overpaying at this point and don’t care to nickel and dime them down, I’m worried that the house isn’t functionally livable for us and I couldn’t see that without any furniture when I viewed it. Please don’t hate on me for jumping in too soon, we are fthb desperate to get into something we can afford before the baby arrives so we got ahead of ourselves.

submitted by /u/Basic-Equivalent-556
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/195n1bd/can_i_back_out_for_any_minor_thing_with/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...