Skip to main content

First homebuyer looking for advice

My husband and I are currently living on the west coast and plan to move back to Minnesota (where family and friends are) to buy our first house. We have saved up 20% down payment and ready to start looking. A recent family situation made the timeline a little tight. We will have to buy a house by 07/2024 because my father in law will sell his house and move in with us. So, I have some questions:

  1. Given the circumstance that we are living out of state right now and plan to move back as soon as my husband finds a new job in MN (I work fully remotely), when would be a good time to start looking and touring houses in MN as it takes time to find a house? Should I work remotely in MN and start looking now or I can wait until March next year?

  2. As a first time homebuyer, I have no idea where to look to find a loan program. Can you recommend some good loan programs that offer reasonable interest rate for first-time home buyers? Both our credit scores are above 750 and our income is above 150K per year.

Thank you!

submitted by /u/mingniu
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/17iei4u/first_homebuyer_looking_for_advice/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...