Skip to main content

USDA FHA or Conventional?

When I was looking last year, I was using a job offer letter (from state gov) to qualify, which the lender didn't seem to mind. Now, though, I have been in that job 10 months and will be due for scheduled raise in September that bumps my salary $4,000. I've also applied for a promotion that, if I'm chosen, will bump me up $11,000. The outcome of the promotion should be decided by end of July.

I also have a 2nd job I work on weekends that brings me about $14k/yr which I've worked for 7 months now. I am hoping to use this income towards my loan. I am ideally trying to move sooner rather than later because I have a 2hr round trip commute at the moment that is really wearing on me.

My question is: which type of loan will allow me to use income from both jobs, despite having been at neither for a year? I obviously have proof of consistent deposits from both. Is it better to wait til my scheduled raise in September? Or (fingers crossed) til I get accepted for the promotion? I have 4% DP for the max price I'm looking at and obviously can put down more if the price is lower. The entire area I'm looking at is qualified for USDA so that's what I'd like to shoot for, but I'm not sure of their eligibility requirements. I want to take advantage of any sort of 0 down, or DPA, or anything else that I'd qualify for so whichever loan provides the best opportunity is the one I will use.

submitted by /u/BrightNature5683
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/14e30zy/usda_fha_or_conventional/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...