Skip to main content

Seeking advice on how to negotiate prior to closing

Hi! This is my second rental property but its entirely different from the first one since this is a duplex in north jersey and an old house. The house is made of brick and 120 y/o. The house has been sitting in the market for over a year. Its started at 750K to 629K. I negotiated it down to $615k knowing that there wont be any major repair. I had the inspection done and it shows lots of major repairs eg roof need replacement, electrical issue, some broken windows, foundation cracks needs some filling, pavement/driveway cracks. I tried to negotiate to that seller for more than a week. The seller is very cheap and wanted to only give $1,000 credits. I asked for $20,000 credits. I terminated the contract and the day after, the seller reach out and agreed to give $15,000 credits. I’m asking if that credit is going to be enough to cover most of the repairs related to the location of the house which is in north jersey? Also, I read that its advisable to do sewer scope inspection since the house is old. I’m not sure if its going to be worth it. But I’ve seen houses that are much worse and older. I agreed to the 15,000 since that was my counter offer before terminating the contract. Is it still possible to renegotiate the repairs amount if I will get an estimate from The roofer, masonary and window installation company? Anyone can give me a ball park how much is it going to cost? Thanks in advance.

realestate #northjersey

submitted by /u/Rhonolicia
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/14lzsqt/seeking_advice_on_how_to_negotiate_prior_to/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...