Skip to main content

For those frustrated with the pre owned market - consider going new construction

Hey all, I wanted to share my experience knowing that it will be different for everyone depending on where you live.

My realtor and I were looking for houses for 6 months, my budget was in the low 4's. In California, 300-400k is a competitive price range. I was up every morning looking for listings and I had several areas in mind but after 6 months I only actually looked at 2 houses because the market has been so dry. I put an offer down but got beat out. It had already been 6 months and being in my early 30's I was losing hope in progressing my life with my own home, eventually a family, etc.

I looked into new construction. We have a few developments going on where I live, one is a really popular development where my sister currently lives, great for younger people, has a dog park, parks, event center, clubhouses, etc. So I looked into it and found the builder that suited my budget allowed me to pick the lot, floor plan, and options I wanted. I ended up pulling the trigger and I feel really good about it. The people I worked with were very straight forward, no salesman type behavior(I'm in sales myself), no competing against others, no over asking stuff, no waiving repairs, etc. All I had to do was put 2% down of the base price and it was mine.

My new home is going to end up being $30,000 less than the home I put an offer on. While this house is on a smaller lot, the house itself is 100 sq ft bigger, is brand new(30 yrs old on the other one), everybodys front yard looks great(hoa is only $125/mo), awesome new alive community where there is a lot to do without leaving.

I can tell there are a lot of people like me FLOCKING out there. I'm sure there will be ups and downs with the building process, but that stuff is normal to me as I am in construction myself and understand how it goes.

submitted by /u/attoj559
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/14keabm/for_those_frustrated_with_the_pre_owned_market/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...