Skip to main content

Question to Realtors / Real estate brokers ? Am I wrong here?

One of my agents buys properties under his mom's name to protect assets and he always asks seller to reduce purchase price instead of collecting commissions so he can reduce his 1099 Tax liability. Or he gives a huge credit to her in the closing statement.

He did this a few times with small amounts and stayed quiet but now he is just basically giving away entire commission and reducing purchase price. (According to chatGPT, this is illegal and considered tax evasion because commissions are taxed as ordinary income)

I called him out on it and he threw a huge fit. Basically he wanted to quit and I said no problem at all. I dont know how much nicer I can be. I deposit his commissions checks in his account same day right away and always super responsive with questions/support/advice etc

I don't want to create any liabilities with IRS for someone trying to avoid paying taxes.

Any feedback Please? To be honest, I feel a huge relief since he basically fired himself. He also wanted acccess to MLS to edit and add properties and also admitted he is very sloppy and not careful with paperwork etc. For example, doenst fill out sellers disclosures.

Really appreciate any feedback

submitted by /u/follow-spy1
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/12v2kk1/question_to_realtors_real_estate_brokers_am_i/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...