Skip to main content

Offer finally accepted…. But I can’t get myself excited about it.

We put an offer in on a condo. It was listed at 239k. Our realtor happened to be best friends with the realtor selling. Our realtor said there was an offer already for 260k and we should go for 265k to seal the deal. We put our offer in after the first open house.

Come deadline time I get a text from my realtor saying that there was an offer 7k more than ours (272k) and that we should go up 3500 and that we had a strong chance still because our mortgage broker is the same guy as the sellers broker (who works with both realtors closely). We said no we’re going to stay at our 265k and whatever happens, happens. A couple hours later I get a call from my realtor that the sellers countered our original offer of 265k and say if we go to 267k then it’s ours.

This made us feel a little weird like what does 2k do for them? Why not just take the person that was 7k more? So again we said our offer is only 265k firm. Our realtor says okay I’ll get back to you, and within 9 minutes on the dot comes back with “CONGRATS THEY ACCEPTED YOUR ORIGINAL OFFER!!!!!!”

And I’m just not excited. I feel like maybe my realtor and the other realtor were just fishing for money or something with the way they were asking for a little bit more and when we were firm they were like “okay well they chose you!”. When I asked my realtor on the phone why they wouldn’t just choose someone for 7k more, he said it was because “he’s good at negotiating” and that “we have the same mortgage broker so it makes everything easier”

And I’m like finally an offer accepted after over a year of looking. We NEED somewhere by June time. But I can’t help but think, was there ever a 260k offer? Was there ever a 272k offer? Or did my realtor just throw those numbers out to have us go crazy high on it.

submitted by /u/QueenLexi13
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/124isia/offer_finally_accepted_but_i_cant_get_myself/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...