Skip to main content

USPS Delivery Issues with new purchase

Just purchased an existing SFH in a suburb community. I am now just finding out that the USPS has been refusing to deliver mail to my mail box because the carrier received complaints from my neighbor for damage to his lawn. This is a suburb community where the carrier drives up to each mailbox to deliver mail, and he is not able to park and walk to deliver letters. Our mailboxes sit about 5 feet away from the curb, and apparently in the past he would drive up to my mailbox, deliver mail, then drive off crossing my neighbors lawn. The neighbor complained and USPS is now refusing to deliver mail to my mailbox due to it's location, and USPS states the only options are for me to move the mailbox or to pick up my mail at their office.

This is a rather expensive brick-built mailbox, so rebuilding one is costly. My main question: Was the seller of my property required to disclose this issue with the nieghbor and the fact that the USPS has not been delivering mail to the property given the placement of the mail box? None of this was disclosed and we found out after closing when we noticed mail not arriving. Property is in Florida.

submitted by /u/JonPM
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/10q1z9x/usps_delivery_issues_with_new_purchase/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...