Skip to main content

USDA Direct repair requirements?

Hoping someone can help with this. My wife and I made an offer on a house a couple of weeks ago, they countered and we accepted. We signed a purchase agreement... Last week, we had the house inspected. There are some electrical repairs required to be brought up to code, the roof has a leak and it's about at the end of its life. The sellers are excited for us to have the house and are willing to work with us and possibly have the roof replaced themselves. That was our biggest concern.. Then we forwarded the inspection report to our loan officer. They sent back tons of things as "required" repairs.. Some of which are ridiculous. • The height of the chimney is too short if we ever intend to burn wood in the fireplace (we don't-it has a fully functional gas fireplace which is what we would use.) • The railing around the patio spaces, the decks, etc., are spaced too far apart or are too short. (Only a true hazard for small children-don't know any, never plan to have our own. Might be able to get around this though? With chicken wire or something placed behind the railing?) • The windows are not 5.7sqft. "Don't meet egress requirements." This would literally require replacing the windows?? Is that going to be truly necessary?? This is now our main concern. They aren't even very old and we are both relatively small people who would have no issue getting out of them in an emergency, which I assume is the potential issue. The sellers may be willing to replace the roof and these little things are going to be the reason we have to walk away from this house that we fell in love with. We emailed our loan officer to better explain and ask if all of these things are 100% necessary, but have yet to receive a response. Should we hold out any hope?

submitted by /u/5thGenLegacy
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/10ihikn/usda_direct_repair_requirements/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...