Skip to main content

Selling and buying at same time. Where to start. Agent or pre approved for financing first?

I apologize if this is stupid.

We’ve lived in our house since 2008. It was my great grandparents and passed down. It was deeded to me and my husband in February 2021. So in February 2023 it will be 2 years living here with it in our name for 2 years. So we get up to 250,000$ exemption I believe for capital gains taxes. No mortgage.

We are in the process of painting, had all new windows installed (none used to open), replaced all interior doors (none of them used to close 😂), etc. It was built in 1947 and look’s actually really nice. Proud of ourselves.

Who do you contact first and how soon in advance? Real estate agent or mortgage/bank? Or does it matter.

Does a higher down payment lead to lower interest rate on new house? Most funds from sale will go as down payment on new house. So we are looking at anywhere between 30% down to maybe 44% down. My house is worth 150,000$ or more and looking at up to 300,000$ for new house. So I’m just estimating 110000$ down.

I’m near a university so odds are my house will be bought by an investor and turned into a rental. That is just where my neighborhood is headed or is already there.

I’ve read a lot about the process but I don’t know it can get confusing. We are not looking to sell/buy for a few more months also but I’m getting antsy. I appreciate your help!

submitted by /u/Spookymaze
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/10k3q1t/selling_and_buying_at_same_time_where_to_start/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...