Skip to main content

Should we back out after appraisal?

Appraisal finally came back, house was originally $339K and was appraised at $322K. Obviously the seller is very upset and even tried to submit an appeal (a word doc with bullets points on what they invested in) and it got denied.

Originally, they agreed to $5K in closing costs and $3K for repairs. They are some repairs that will need to be made such as a leak coming from the bathtub with a moisture level of 33%. There are other repairs needed but this is the main one. The house was built in 1988.

First, we asked for appraisal price plus $3K for repairs, they denied. Second time we asked for just appraisal price and they counter offered asking us to pay $3K and we denied and now waiting to hear back.

From our perspective, yes the house went $15K under overall but we are not getting any assistance on closing so most of our money will go towards that. This is a FHA loan. I’m not sure what their answer will be but after the first time, the seller’s agent already emailed the lender saying the offer might fall through which we obviously don’t want to happen. Would it be worth it to cut losses after technically losing $8K in total from what was originally agreed upon plus $3K so $11K in total? Or just back out?

submitted by /u/amiathrowaway420
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/zy2kxr/should_we_back_out_after_appraisal/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...