Skip to main content

Mortgage modification not processed correctly by bank...

This is a long timeline, so I'll shorten it as possible.

We took the 2020 Covid forbearance on our mortgage with Flagstar bank. In March of 2022 we signed the new modification and partial claim.

Flagstar told me it was rejected, but it was signed by all parties and recorded at the county clerks. For months I tried to get them to update the account. In July they send me a new modification to sign with a $200 increase to my payment. I didnt sign it because I knew we already signed and agreed to the previous modification in March but the bank is saying it is rejected, it was not.

July they say I am no in foreclosure and will not accept payments. I am told to fill out a new assistance application and start the process over. I do that and then they must have realized their error and my account updates, but now since they have not accepted any payments since June because they said I was erroneously in Foreclosure, which I wasnt, I am basically right back in foreclosure status.

Also, they way the calculated some escrow advances of 20k I can not do the reinstatement even though I have enough for the back payments. I should be about 6k in payments to catch up but the reinstatement is about 40k.

Does anyone know if I get a payment plan if it will just be for the back payments or will they make me pay these "advances" to escrow, which make no sense.

Also, in general has anyone had anything similiar since trying to recover frome covid forebearance?

submitted by /u/Select_Reach5690
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/yi5byt/mortgage_modification_not_processed_correctly_by/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...