Skip to main content

Sell or stay?

(Throwaway acct.)So spouse and I bought a condo in North East (all cash) just under 2 yrs ago. This was supposed to be our forever home. I absolutely hate it here for a multitude of reasons, spouse loves it. On paper this was the perfect place; we're able to save a lot of cash monthly, location is great - safe and accessible. We've put about $45,000 into it ($25,000 of that was for a "surprise" repair), never flipped kitchen or bath. Anyway, initially it was a decent buy and if it weren't for that $25,000 expenditure, I believe we would have broke even if we were to sell in today's market (I've kept track of sales here). So we will certainly lose money. Should we sell in spring and rent or sit for awhile? Our ultimate goal is to buy a home in an HOA. We will end up having to take out a mortgage for about 100k to 120k to do this. But there are hardly any coming onto the market. I'm conflicted and frozen on what to do, so I greatly appreciate any advice. One one hand, I'm afraid that we'll be shelling out $2800 a month for rent indefinitely with the market the way it is, vs staying put for awhile and saving money as it becomes a buyer's market (but we lose even more money). To add to it, spouse wants to sell ASAP in Spring because I've become so miserable (to live with) and feels that the sooner we're out, the sooner we'll buy something and "will not retire until we own something". I'm willing to deal with things and stay should that be the best option for us (but that will also drag out spouse's retirement). Help!

submitted by /u/Imaginary_Front1289
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/xky29o/sell_or_stay/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...