Skip to main content

Screw the banks. Got PMI scheduled for removal and explained to 3 of my neighbors PMI and they got it removed.

I bought my first house at the beginning of 2021 in a newer townhome community (built in 2017, 3 bed, 3 bath) in the burbs. I’m a social guy and always out talking with my neighbors and one day we got on the subject of how high our home values have gotten over the two year after a few of them just sold.

I bought at 201k and put 10k down. Fast forward to today and most of them that have less square footage as mine are selling at 238k and 242k.

After I called the bank they said in February I can get rid of PMI on that 24 month payment and can have an assessor out there, just call back in January to schedule that. I asked around to my neighbors if they were will paying PMI and I told a few of them now that their house was worth more they can get it removed easily (and some of them bought in at 175k).

Sad people don’t educate themselves a little more and sad that the banks never told them about this and all they had to do is make a few phone calls and an appraisal to get it removed.

submitted by /u/bcjh
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/xnmm5v/screw_the_banks_got_pmi_scheduled_for_removal_and/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...