Skip to main content

Novice Operator: Does my Profit and Loss statement look healthy to you?

Our 2022 P&L statement so far: https://imgur.com/a/KIVB1pZ

​

I recently inherited control over my family's real estate company, and am a complete novice.

​

I wanted to share what our profit and loss statement looks like and see if I could get feedback on it from experienced operators, especially on the expenses. I have no idea if I'm overpaying for anything, or if I'm organizing things in a suboptimal way.

​

Does this look like a healthy P&L statement? If not, what looks wrong/stands out to you? Again, I'm a novice so I have no idea if I'm overpaying for anything....

​

I thought it might be interesting to share real numbers, so thank you in advance for any feedback/advice you might have!

​

Relevant Info:

  • We have 3 properties, 2 in PA and 1 in NY:
    • 23 unit apartment building @ 95% occupancy
    • A ski chalet in NY that's rented through the ski resort office
    • 50,000 sq ft manufacturing facility (my cousin runs his business out of it, so we don't charge much as we could)

​

  • The 'other income' is from a billboard on our property

​

  • The unapplied cash payment item is because I screwed up setting up our invoices. I've fixed it going forward but don't think I can retroactively undo the ones from earlier this year without screwing up the books completely.
submitted by /u/johnnyjfrank
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/xrxldp/novice_operator_does_my_profit_and_loss_statement/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...