Skip to main content

Can you choose who you sell your house to in Florida?

Hello,

I know the answer seems simple but my mom seemed very convinced.

So my mother wants to sell her very nice apartment in a city in FL to move to The Villages.

I love the apartment but I don't live in Florida and ultimately it is her life. She was letting me know and I asked her the usual are you sure, tell me about the new neighborhood questions, and I also requested "If you don't need the money, would it be possible to make sure it's sold to a family or people instead of a corporation?" And she told me that was illegal to choose who you sold your house to because of discrimination and you have to take the highest offer.

I think she probably just wants a cop out because she grew up poor so she sort of always chooses to take as much money as possible when she can, but she will still make 50-75k more than she bought this apartment for 8 years ago because of how much the market has grown in her area and the improvements she made.

I'm a big believer that when possible a person should make decisions that benefit as many individuals as possible so I want to make a case for selling to a literal person or even finding a good tenant for the apartment over selling to a corporation that will try and resell it or rent it out.

While it's ultimately my moms decision, and I'm not going to be pushy, I want to have one open conversation where I lay this out with her, unless she is correct, that she cannot know who buys her home.

Thanks for your help.

submitted by /u/ImpossibleAd2748
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/xnn31u/can_you_choose_who_you_sell_your_house_to_in/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...