Skip to main content

Signed Dual Agency Agreement, But Regret It. What Can I Do? Can Fiance Go Through Different Agent? (OH)

I'm an investor in the process of purchasing a rental. I made the mistake of going through the selling agent because the property is cheap and it's hard to get ahold of a buyer's agent in my area on short notice for something that might not be worthwhile commission-wise to them. I wish I hadn't.

From the start, the realtor was nice enough but gave me issues about seeing the rent ledger. Eventually I was able to see it after making an offer and having it accepted, but he would not (could not, as he didn't have it) show me the original lease agreement with the tenants info. He told me it's not necessary as they're now MTM and not on a lease. I still wanted to see it to know who was in the house and to have something to go off of, but whatever. He also told me there's no need for an Estoppel Agreement, even though I've asked for one, which I keep reading is something I should get.

When it came time to sign the contract, I was in the office with him and the broker. I mentioned that I'd like an inspection and they started hemming and hawing, saying the property is As-Is and nothing is going to get fixed, the seller wants the house gone, etc. I stood my ground about an inspection, just for my own piece of mind. Eventually the agent said, okay, but let's put a dollar amount for repairs that you can break the contract over. I agreed to $3000. Upon reading the contract, I read that what I was asking for was already a stipulation built into it, with a dollar amount of $500. I showed the agent, and told him that I'd rather go with what's already written in the contract vs what I had asked for, because I had only asked for what I did thinking it wouldn't be part of the contract. The agent started giving me trouble about it, saying $3000 is what we agreed to.

The broker then stepped in and told me not to sign the contract, until I get the inspection done. I said okay, but I want the property and the offer was already accepted -- cant the seller still sell to someone else if I don't sign, but still pay for the inspection? He said yeah, it might happen, and so I should hurry with the inspection.

Frustrated, I agreed and left with the intention of securing an inspection ASAP. While I stood outside the office door, I heard the broker and agent talking about me, saying "they're not going to sign shit."

So, with all that said... I really regret going through this agency. I signed the Dual Agency Agreement, and still want the house, but I wish I didn't have to go through them. Apparently it's also not the norm to do inspections without signing a contract first, so I felt very written off. I am a woman, and felt like the broker regarded me less because of it.

Is there anything I can do if I still want the house but don't want to deal with the agency, or am I stuck at this point? My fiance did not sign anything (nor came with me or met them -- they believe the house is going in my name) so my thought is he could put in an offer on the house through an actu buyer's agent, but not sure if I could get in trouble since we're associated with one another and I signed the Dual Agency Agreement, even if he did not.

submitted by /u/NeuroticFinance
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/w3g4wr/signed_dual_agency_agreement_but_regret_it_what/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aren't comps/CMAs useless with buyer credits at close happening now?

I'm looking into buying a new construction townhouse in my HCOL US city. I'm seeing builders offering interest rate buydowns worth $20k-$60k on $800k homes (rather than just lowering prices) in order to keep their comps high for their other units, now that buyer demand has been declining. I asked my agent about these, and he said these buydowns aren't even the full story: buyers can write all kinds of other credits into an offer, like their closing costs, prepaid sewer fees, etc. Apparently cash buyers can just write in a "buyer credit at close" for any amount in their offer. So a new townhouse that appeared to sell for $800k in the MLS might have actually been a cash offer with a $100k+ buyer credit at close, meaning the buyer only spent $700k or less in total, but to the rest of the world they can only see the $800k! So that made me realize I can't trust comps/CMAs for other new construction townhouses. The sales prices could be way lower than they appear

Fast Rising HOA Fees on NYC Condo, No Budget Provided

My wife and I are first time homeowners and could use some advice on a situation we've been having with our management company and Board. We bought a condo in Brooklyn two years ago, and since then our HOA fees have climbed dramatically. In August of last year, our fees were increased by ~30% and just yesterday we received notice that this new figure would be increased by 16% as of June 1st. The by-laws for our building state that ten days before such a change goes into effect, the Board must provide unit owners with the itemized budget upon which the new numbers were based. This didn't happen last year, and when I asked the management company about it, they just kept vaguely insisting the Board had done due diligence. After I kept pressing, they finally sent a budget that was several years old, so obviously not the one that the new numbers were based on. When I asked the management company for contact information for the Board to get further clarification, I was told that th

How to create fidelity investments current bank statement for lender during escrow

I transferred a certain amount to my bank account to complete the minimum down payment required. The bank wants a current statement of the transaction. Unfortunately, fidelity only does quarterly statements so a December statement is not available and we are due to close next week. I called fidelity and they they can only provide a letter but the bank said that won’t suffice. Any way I can find or make one of my own that has my account number/name along with all the recent month’s activities? submitted by /u/bodaciousbeans [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/zmnnqo/how_to_create_fidelity_investments_current_bank/