Skip to main content

opendoor took 20k out of our closing costs for repairs then never did the repairs??

We sold our home to OpenDoor last month. We closed at the end of the month. They charged us 20k for repairs. I asked for an itemized list but she said they didn't do that. She said all she could see was the repair "notes". She said foundation repair was the bulk of the charge. The house did need about 7-9k done in foundation work. She said the rest was minor HVAC maintenance, re doing the flooring and fresh paint. We were so ready to get out and have two huskies and two toddlers. I figured what we lost by selling with open door, as opposed to the market, was well worth the trouble it would save us from going through.

BUT, the house was relisted 10 days later with fresh paint and new carpet. The only carpet was in the bedrooms. The rest of the home is laminate and it hasn't been touched. Who's to say about the HVAC maintenance. But who cares. The biggest thing is, they didn't repair the foundation. We live in the dfw metroplex and see houses in person and on the market with fresh foundation work done all the time. The structural damage was along the entire front of the house. We also moved in with my in laws two blocks over. So I not only can tell from the listing photos, but have actually been able to verify in person. It would be clearly visible if they by chance managed to get the foundation work done in ten days, which the most certainly did not.

I'm really upset because that came out of our pocket and is thousands of dollars extra we could be putting towards finding a new home.

Are they allowed to do this?? Can I contact them and ask why they charged me to fix the foundation then never fixed it? Where did that money go? Shouldn't it belong to me?

submitted by /u/Mysterious-Swim-2889
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/uri2g3/opendoor_took_20k_out_of_our_closing_costs_for/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...