Skip to main content

I’m late into RE investing but with high net worth and income. Seeking advice from successful RE investors

So a little background first. I’m 39 yo, first generation immigrant came from Asia. Been in US for 10 years. I own around $4m RE in my home country with all mortgage paid off. I own a house in SoCal which I bought in 2015 for ~800k with 450k mortgage remaining. Now this worth $1.4m. Then I moved to Dallas but I did it sell the house in SoCal instead I rent it at 3.5k/mo due to a tenant since 2018. I bought a house in Dallas for ~$470k which worths $800k now. This one got around $300k mortgage remaining. I got both refinanced with no cash out during the pandemic.

My main job is a software engineer at one of FAANG which nets me usually $300k but $400k in 2021. My wife also works for a salary of around $130k. We have one kid.

I have around $400k in cash, $600k in stock/rsu/401k. So my total net worth is at around a bit less than $7m.

You see my problem now, first I have $400k cash stay in bank account which I feel nervous about. Secondly I only buy house when I need to live in, but I never sold any of them , either in SoCal or my home country.

This habit makes me feel pretty regretful after seeing recent skyrocketed house price, which I should really haven taken advantage of. However now I do feel nervous about buying one in city like Austin(again becoz I probably move them in a few years) since the price is already like doubled in the last year.

So should I buy in some mild cities first? Or is it really going to crash like some YTer said ( I watched tons of videos recently , and the more I watch, the more nervous I tend to be. On the other side I also FOMO). Should I sell the SoCal house and buy some cheaper ones in cheaper cities? Is it realistic buying rental properties in cities that I don’t live in? Should I move my oversea money to the US and buy US houses instead ? How do you guys start your RE investment journey at the beginning ? Also from a heated market ?

Thank you so much in advance!

submitted by /u/Logical-Product-2079
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/ts1oca/im_late_into_re_investing_but_with_high_net_worth/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aren't comps/CMAs useless with buyer credits at close happening now?

I'm looking into buying a new construction townhouse in my HCOL US city. I'm seeing builders offering interest rate buydowns worth $20k-$60k on $800k homes (rather than just lowering prices) in order to keep their comps high for their other units, now that buyer demand has been declining. I asked my agent about these, and he said these buydowns aren't even the full story: buyers can write all kinds of other credits into an offer, like their closing costs, prepaid sewer fees, etc. Apparently cash buyers can just write in a "buyer credit at close" for any amount in their offer. So a new townhouse that appeared to sell for $800k in the MLS might have actually been a cash offer with a $100k+ buyer credit at close, meaning the buyer only spent $700k or less in total, but to the rest of the world they can only see the $800k! So that made me realize I can't trust comps/CMAs for other new construction townhouses. The sales prices could be way lower than they appear

Fast Rising HOA Fees on NYC Condo, No Budget Provided

My wife and I are first time homeowners and could use some advice on a situation we've been having with our management company and Board. We bought a condo in Brooklyn two years ago, and since then our HOA fees have climbed dramatically. In August of last year, our fees were increased by ~30% and just yesterday we received notice that this new figure would be increased by 16% as of June 1st. The by-laws for our building state that ten days before such a change goes into effect, the Board must provide unit owners with the itemized budget upon which the new numbers were based. This didn't happen last year, and when I asked the management company about it, they just kept vaguely insisting the Board had done due diligence. After I kept pressing, they finally sent a budget that was several years old, so obviously not the one that the new numbers were based on. When I asked the management company for contact information for the Board to get further clarification, I was told that th

How to create fidelity investments current bank statement for lender during escrow

I transferred a certain amount to my bank account to complete the minimum down payment required. The bank wants a current statement of the transaction. Unfortunately, fidelity only does quarterly statements so a December statement is not available and we are due to close next week. I called fidelity and they they can only provide a letter but the bank said that won’t suffice. Any way I can find or make one of my own that has my account number/name along with all the recent month’s activities? submitted by /u/bodaciousbeans [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/zmnnqo/how_to_create_fidelity_investments_current_bank/