Skip to main content

Should I be angry at my agent?

Before I write my angry letter/review to my agent, I'm just checking that the realtors of reddit think I have a right to be mad about this?

I've been paying thousands of dollars too much in property taxes because a Primary Residence Exception form (Michigan) wasn't filed. When I bought a house with a renter in it, the realtor knew that I planned to move in at the end of the renter's lease in seven months, which we did. I'm angry that the realtor never informed me that there's this process I should do when it becomes my principal residence to lower my property taxes. Apparently the agent would normally get the forms together for me if it was my primary residence to begin with. I don't know how else I was supposed to know this if not for my agent. I only found out now from small talking real estate with someone else. I'm not an investor even though I technically was for seven months. Do I send the angry email I've already written to my agent or do I bite my tongue cause it's entirely my fault?

submitted by /u/ishfishh
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/sdtxah/should_i_be_angry_at_my_agent/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...