Skip to main content

"New Condo Questionnaire standards for conventional will require 25% down"

Hi everyone, I live in Florida and have been in the market to buy a condo for some time. Recently found one I really like and actually put an offer in on Thursday morning. Offered them all of the money they were looking for since it's the best in terms of value that I've seen. It was for a conventional loan by the way with around 15% down.

On the confidential information page, the sellers agent lists "I do not believe this would approve for FHA Financing due to windows leaking, new condo questionnaire standards for conventional will require 25% down."

I asked my agent what this is and should I even offer if I can't do 25%. He basically brushed it off and said my credit is good enough that it doesn't matter and a bank would basically beg me to take money from them. With that said, I put in the offer and waited. Thursday night my agent texts me saying that him and the lender he works with are trying to figure out what this 25% thing means since it is "new and people are trying to figure it out." I told him to please keep me posted since my offer expires Friday morning at 10 and I'd like to know if they accept or counter.

Flash forward to Friday morning and crickets. The property is still listed on the market without a pending offer. My agent is not being straightforward with me on this because I don't think he knows what the hell he's doing tbh. I tried googling what it could mean but can't find anything.

Lol I guess my question is, does anyone have an idea what this condo questionnaire standards might mean? Maybe I should add that the place is currently a rental, but I'd be using it as a primary residence.

Thank you.

submitted by /u/PutThatThingInSport
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/sfikfb/new_condo_questionnaire_standards_for/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...