Skip to main content

My buyer agent said that she is going to push the appraiser to appraise the house value higher

Apparently, this is the downside of using the listing agent’s partner after getting my offer accepted.

According to my agent who claims to be on my side:

  1. There is no room to negotiate with the seller after the home inspection and appraisal

  2. Seller is not going to pay for anything even termite control.

So I told her that you’re acting way too obvious that you’re thinking about the seller’s interest as a buyer agent. She questioned me: Are you saying that I’m not trying to help you? I feel insulted. I told her that I know you guys are trying to impress the seller so he will let you sell his other 12 properties. But, please don’t tell me that I shouldn’t even try to ask for any seller credit or any reduction. I can try to talk to the listing agent if you don’t want to try it.

Back to the topic, I paid 40k more of the listed price to get the acceptance. My down payment is 35% so even though the the appraiser appraise the house value as the listing price, it won’t make any difference for me to get the loan to pay what it said on the contract.

She told me that pushing the appraiser to appraise the price as it shows on the contract will help me get the loan.

Even though I told her please don’t try to interfere the appraiser’s job, she’s going to do that anyway. Because she knows that if the appraiser appraises the house price as shown on the contract, there is absolutely no execute for me to ask the seller for price drop before contingency removal.

At the end, I just want to say, I just want the house. But this is what happen when using the so-called dual agent to get my offer accepted among the other 51 offers.

My hope is to talk to the listing agent to get a couple of thousands seller credit to cover my closing cost. When we first spoke, he told me: “I can only help you to get the offer accepted if your offer is really competitive, and I might be able to help you to save a couple of thousands. That’s it.

submitted by /u/kenlyxu
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/s9544g/my_buyer_agent_said_that_she_is_going_to_push_the/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North Carolina – “One to Buy; Two to Sell”

I realize I will likely have to contact a real estate attorney but also hoping to hear insights and experiences from others! I have a house in NC that I bought by myself in 2009, and paid off, in full, in 2022. I got married in 2023. My spouse and I have not lived in the house as our "marital residence". We have maintained separate residences even after we got married. (That a separate topic!). I am now selling this house. Realtors have told us that my husband has to sign the deed at time of transfer but I am not convinced since the house has not been our marital residence. The realtors like to use the phrase "one to buy; two to sell", which seems like a broad-stroke statement which is not applicable under all circumstances. And of course, the realtors don’t realize the details of my specific circumstances: I purchased and paid for the house in full prior to marriage Only my name is on the deed And most importantly, we have never lived in the house as a marit...

Question With Tricon "Pending ID".....

My wife and i, along with 2 other peopl applied to rent a house, and our application says "Approved, Pending ID". Anyone else know what that means? Do we pretty much have the place or are we missing something? submitted by /u/Itskrueger [link] [comments] source https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/1orixqj/question_with_tricon_pending_id/

How to get started?

Hi! I’m 23F and I just graduated college with an english degree (😅) but i’ve been working in nonprofits since I was 16 and lucked into an amazing first job with an one of the biggest and best real estate non-profits! I love my job so far, but it’s my first time being surrounded by such wealth (and very hard working, deserving individuals.) To be quite honest, I‘ve had a rough few years juggling multiple jobs to finish school, and the idea of myself not living paycheck to paycheck seems light years away. This is all being said, I guess I’m posing the question towards the group of what I can do now to start building that kind of future for myself. I find real estate very interesting, and i’ve loved learning about all the machinations behind development- I’m just not sure where to begin within the industry (investment/rentals are definitely not an option for me yet). I’m also looking to go back to school, but being that I don’t know where to start, I wouldn’t like to begin classes aga...